STARTING JANUARY 2020
Portrait parties bring together friends and family for professional portraits taken in a relaxed, natural environment.
These sessions give everyone a custom portrait experience with Rooted in Beauty Photography along with some extra perks.
Portrait Parties are great for people who:
- * want professional photos taken of their children or themselves.
- * need updated photos of themselves or their children (have you and a bunch of your friends recently become engaged?–host an engagement portrait party!)
- * have always wanted to try a portrait session but without the larger investment
- * want a fun way to bond with friends
What is a Portrait Party?
A portrait party is an event hosted at a specific location (park, beach, etc.) your own home, where Rooted in Beauty Photography will take professional portraits for you and your friends in 20 minute mini-sessions. 20 minutes is more than enough time for any little ones and enough time to capture some beautiful photographs.
How do they work?
Portrait Parties are hosted by one person who provides or sets the location, coordinates the guest list, and schedules the sessions in 20 minute intervals.
Party time! I will take your guests’ portraits while you entertain or host an open-house type event or if we are outdoors it can be a picnic or BBQ!
Does everyone have to stay the whole time? Of course not! As long as they are there for their scheduled session time, they can come and go whenever. In fact, you don’t have to stay the entire time either.
I deliver the images to your guests within 12-14 business days after the session via an online gallery where they can download their images in high-resolution.
In addition to prints, lots of fun photo items and gifts are available. I will bring samples with me to your party. Many of my products are items you cannot just purchase online and are available through a photographer only, so this is a great opportunity to view products that not everyone has.
Hostess receives a free session along with $25 in print credit to the RIBP lab for every person that attends the party.
Your guests receive:
- One 20 minute custom photo session
- pre-party styling and consultation
- Private Facebook group for lots of fun discussion prior to the party (Leslie Arakelian, owner of Rooted in Beauty Photography, will host a LIVE Q+A session
- endless amount of backdrops (for in home parties) and props provided by RIBP
- online gallery of all the best images with high-res digital downloads via an online gallery
- 20% off their next full session with Rooted in Beauty Photography (excludes mini-sessions or other portrait parties)
The total cost for each guest’s session is only $87.
Sign me up!
First, make out a potential guest list. We require at least 5 people (so 6 with the host) to participate in the parties with a maximum of 12. Discuss dates with your guests to see which dates will work best for all of you. Think of the best location (Spring & Summer make parks and backyards work lovely). Once your date is set you can put together an invitation by email, Facebook or evite–however you want.
- Father’s Day gifts & Mother’s Day gifts
- Princesses & Pirates
- Mommy and Me
- Holidays (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, 4th of July)
- Girls night out with professional headshots for Linked-In, social media, etc. Or a boudoir party!
- Engagements-Grab a bunch of your friends who are about to tie the knot and make an evening of it.
- Maternity- have a mommy group you belong to? What a great way to get together with other friends and have your bump photographed.
These themes are not limited and RIBP can create any type of portrait party you want. Contact us for more information.
Tips for a Successful ost
Have snacks (it keeps the little ones busy who are waiting for their turn). You can provide snacks yourself or do it potluck style have have everyone bring a little something to share.
Schedule your guests’ sessions 25-30 min apart so there is a little buffer time for RIBP to wrap up the shoot with your guests and if outdoors allows for time to walk to greet the next guests. Let your guests know they aren’t required to stay the whole time.
Follow up with your guests with reminders
Please let guests know that session fee payment in full is required to hold their spot. If guests have to cancel they have the option of selling their spot to another friend, or using what they paid towards a full session with Rooted in Beauty Photography.