Hello Lovely Lady!
There are a lot of things you can do before your photo session to make sure you get the most stunning results, there are also some things to avoid… take a gander at the list of Dos and Don’ts that I have complied so far. See something that’s not on the list!? Reply to this email and I will add it!
- Get a good night’s sleep
- No amount of retouching can eliminate exhaustion present in your eyes or spirit. You will need all of your energy and vitality to be coached and have fun while exuding sensuality.
- Drink plenty of water
- This will help keep you energized, hydrated, and reduce the look of chapped lips in the photos
- Supple skin is a must and appears gorgeous on camera
- Get all dolled up
- I highly suggest that you get your hair and makeup done professionally before the shoot
- Bring multiple wardrobe changes
- Many times, an outfit we think will work doesn’t whether it doesn’t fit, isn’t flattering, is in disrepair, or just doesn’t work with the rest of the styling
- I suggest bringing five or more outfits along with accessories
- An outfit can be anything lingerie is not required
- Get a manicure and pedicure shortly beforehand
- It is vital to have well-groomed hands and feet
- Suggest a neutral polish that works with all outfits
- Come early
- Showing up late starts the shoot off on a bad foot
- Bring a playlist
- This one is helpful for some women who’d like the help of their favorite tunes to get them in the mood
- Show up to have fun
- The number one goal is to have fun. It’s important to put any other agenda on the backburner.
- Leave the rest to me
- Reminder that it is the photographers job to take beautiful photographs and yours is to have fun and perform the actions you are directed without the burden and worry of “trying to look good.”
- Don’t come to your session with a bad attitude
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- If your session is meant as a gift, please make sure that you give the photographer enough time to edit, order, and deliver your products.
- Do not wear tight clothing that will leave marks on your skin
- No new haircuts right before the shoot
- Schedule any planned haircuts for at least two or more weeks before the shoot
- No fake tans immediately before the shoot
- Natural skin tones are preferred, but if a fake tan is desired schedule it at least four to five days prior to the shoot
- No botox or collagen injections a week before the shoot
- Request that no appointments be scheduled within two weeks of the shoot
- No negative self-talk allowed once on set
- Make the set a ‘love your body’ only zone
- Do not use Pinterest
- It is fine to use this site for inspiration and to decide what style of shoot you would like, but please do not judge yourself against the women that you see. Also, while I will attempt to emulate poses you bring me, not every pose flatters everybody and therefore I hope you will trust me to pose you.
Keep an eye out for the next post where we will discuss How to Project Confidence Even if You’re Not Quite There Yet
I personally will respond to every email, so please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful. -Rashida Jones